With my recent move, your team of expert movers showed up on time and was very helpful. Not to mention the care shown in handling every piece of furniture. I’m pleased to say that not one item got lost…
1. They low-ball the rest of the competition. Rogue movers will bait you with the lowest hourly rate then prolong the time required to finish the move so your cost ultimately goes up. Best rule of thumb: Ask for a contract with the rates quoted.
2. They are not insured. If your moving company doesn’t have its own insurance and offers to move you without offering you insurance that reflects today’s value, RUN. Run as far as the east is from the west. Getting adequate insurance is a very, very important part of the moving process. It’s your protection from ‘Murphy’s Law’.
3. They do not offer or agree to an on-site inspection of your home and contents and gives an estimate over the phone or Internet. If the estimates sounds too good to be true. It just might be.
4. They demand cash or a large deposit upfront or before the move.
5. They claim all goods are covered by their insurance. It’s important to understand insurance that is being offered. In 1930’s value 0.60 cents/lb was adequate coverage. In those days it could adequately replace your valuables in the event of loss or damage. Not so in today’s world of inflation and price increases. A reasonable coverage is $30/lb to adequately compensate for loss or damage. Be sure to check that you are adequately covered by the mover. (There is an additional charge). Isn’t it better to be safe than sorry?
6. They don’t explain the terms and conditions of your move and don’t provide you with a Bill of Lading
Remember if your gut has a bad feeling, it’s probably right – it’s called gut feeling! If you’re still unsure, call Planned Directions, your trusted Mississauga movers. We’ll always tell you the truth.
When it comes to Toronto movers, Mississauga movers or Oakville movers not all moving companies are born equal. Some are exceptional. Yep, that’s us…..that’s what our clients say, some movers are good, some are not so and some are downright dishonest.
It takes just one “nasty” incident that might involve the police, a lawyer and the media to make you realize that it is very important to ensure your belongings are in the best possible hands.
No one likes surprises so always ask if you will be required to pay for anything extra over and above the estimate.
So, how do you choose the right moving company for you?
It’s always a prudent idea to compare apples with apples. Remember, not all Toronto movers, Mississauga movers or Oakville movers are born equal!
The thought of packing your entire home or office can be overwhelming but with careful planning along with Planned Directions’ help and easy to follow tips, packing can be a breeze.